Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Seville Square
Seville Square, 399 S. Alcaniz St. Pensacola, Fl
sponsored by Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, The Knights of Columbus Council 11125, the Legion of Mary comitium and the Holy Name Society of St. Stephen
This year the 99th Anniversary of the
"Miracles of the Sun" at Fatima,
which occured on Oct. 13, 1917, is being celebrated. The event will take place rain or shine.
For more information, please contact Wild Bill Polakiewicz at 850-501-6107 or
The Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima at St. Stephen Parish
Knights of Columbus Council 11125 of the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart
The Legion of Mary Comitium
Holy Name Society of St. Stephen
The main purpose fo the contest is to teach children a little history of the Catholic Church and about the stories of the many miracles which occured in Fatima, Portugal, in the year 1917. We encouage the children to research Our Lady of Fatima, and everything that happened before, during and after the Miracle of the Sun. We ask the children to put themselves back in time and use their imaginations to create a picture of what it must have been like.
- All posters must be 22 x 28 inches
- Put the following information on the back of your poster in the top right hand corner: name, age, school, address, phone number and parish.
- All posters must be submitted to the parish office at St. Stephen Parish, 900 West Garden St., Pensacola (office is located to the right of the church, in the rectory, side door)
- Posters must be submitted no later than Sept. 30
- All posters become property of The Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady Fatima at St. Stephen Roman Catholic Church.
Prizes to be awarded:
IN age groups 5-6, 7-10, 11-14 and 15- 18
A private judging of the posters will happen on October 8, 2016. Winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded at the Fatima Rosary Rally, taking place at Seville Square on Saturday, Oct. 15, at 10 a.m.
For further questions, please contact: Wild Bill Polakiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org