The Diocesan Office of Youth Ministry participates in the mission of the Catholic Church by advocating for and supporting Catholic youth ministry on the diocesan and local levels.
- advocate for the role and needs of young people in the Church and in society
- promote the role of the Church and the Gospel in the lives of young people.
- promote a comprehensive approach to youth ministry as articulated in Renewing the Vision.
- provide leadership, resources, services, and conferences for the education and formation of youth ministers, and young people.
In response to the Gospel, and in pursuit of our mission and vision, we act in accord with these values:
- the dignity and giftedness of each person
- the baptismal call of each person to discipleship and ministry
- the gifts and charisms of young people
- the richness of diversity
- the challenge of justice and peace
- the wisdom of shared leadership